It has been busy at work and home these last few days so my craft time has been limited. I was itching to get something crafty done and I have really wanted to use my new Be The Star stamp set from Stampin’ Up. When I saw the July 2014 Challenge over at Catherine & Cathy Create is National Pride, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to use those stars. Of course being from the good ole USA Stars and Stripes are the first thing you think of using. But, I am not a conformist and wanted to try to mix things up a bit. Here is the result, let me know what you think!
To make this card I used one layer of Kraft card stock. I really like the new Dotty Angles stamp set and just thought those triangles would look cool with the stars. I wanted to add the twine vertically and for a minute I could not figure out how. Enter the hole punch! I just punched a hole at the top of the card and threaded it through. I think it looks pretty cool like that! The stars were all die cut with the new Star Framelits from Stampin’ up. I also used the Hearts a Flutter Framelits and stamped various star designs to make my own pattern. I cut out way to many stars in various colors because I could not decide on a color combo. Since I had so many extra, I decided to make some cards in slightly varied designs.
My favorite is still the first one, but I like these alternatives as well! There are so many fun ways to use these stars! I am quite certain they will get used a lot in my crafting!
Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Supplies used for all three cards (all Stampin Up supplies)
- Inks: Real Read, Night of Navy and Craft White
- Paper: Kraft card stock, Real Red, Night of Navy and Whisper White. Also some Regals DSP from two years ago.
- Stamps: Be the Star, Dotty Angles, Pictogram Punches, and Gorgeous Grunge.
- Tools: Star Framelits, Hearts a Fluter Framelits, Itty Bitty Accents Star Punch, Small hole punch and paper trimmer.
- Embellishments: Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, Candy dots in Night of Navy, Real Red and Whisper White