The weekend is here! I finally had some time to craft today! I recently received some new goodies and wanted to try them out. I have still been practicing at the shaker cards so here is what I created:
I call this my Rustic Glimmer card because there is natural elements paired with pretty metallic gold! My new goody is the Hardwood background stamp from Stampin’ Up! I have seen some really adorable creations on pinterest with this stamp and wanted to see if I could add my own spin to it. I decided to stamp with the Encore Gold Metallic ink and then layer it with the pretty Fancy Foil Designer Vellum. I added in the Burlap ribbon, but I cut it so it would not flow through behind the tree cut out. This way it appears like a whole piece, but still allows the pretty hardwood stamped image and dotted velum to show through. I am waiting for some Cherry Cobbler ribbon to arrive from Stampin’ Up in the mail so I had to use what I had on hand. I believe that either the Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen ribbon or the Real Red Satin Woven ribbon would look just as good or even better than what I used!
I hope you like the card! I am trying to work on a few more shaker cards and I will be sure to post what I come up with!
- Inks: Real Read and Encore Metallic Gold
- Stamps: Hardword Background Stamp and the Sentiment is from Cheerful Tags
- Paper: Rel Red, Brushed Gold, Whisper White, and Fancy Foil Designer Vellum in Gold
- Tools/Supplies: Circle Die, Tree Punch, Heat gun to set the gold ink, Shaker Frames snipped to fit, Window Sheet cut into a circle, Paper Snips and Paper Trimmer
- Embellishments: 1 1/4 inch Burlap Ribbon, Red Sheer Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim (sequins removed from the string), Gold Metal Basic Buttons, and Linen Thread.