I was able to get some crafting in today and decided to go looking for challenges. I found two that sounded fun. Over at Freshly Made Sketches there is an adorable sketch that I used as my template. At Catherine & Cathy Create the cards challenge for this month is to make a baby card. I have only one baby stamp set so I got to work on figuring out how I could use it with the Sketch challenge and here is what I came up with:
Here is the sketch used for this challenge:
I still have a few pages of the Stampin’ Up Sale-A-Bration freebie paper I received so I thought that would be the perfect combo for a baby card. I tried to pick colors that would make it either for a boy or a girl because I don’t have a need for a baby card now. It will be nice to have one ready to go for when I do! It is a cute little card and was fun to make.
- Ink: Stampin’ Up Sahara Sand and Pool Party marker
- Paper: Stampin’ Up Sale-A-Bration patterned paper (no longer available), Stampin’ Up Pool Party and Crisp Cantaloupe. Paper Studio white card base.
- Tools: Stampin’ Up Decorative Dots embossing folder, Stampin’ Up Sunburst Die and Circle Die, Stampin’ Up banner punch and a Corner Punch.
- Emblishments: White Ribbon
Happy Saturday Everyone!
I was determined to find a way to fit in some creative time despite my pain challenges. I have to say that it does seem to slowly be getting better and I have a treatment plan so fingers crossed I can avoid another back surgery!
Anyway, I had one more challenge I needed to complete over at Catherine and Cathy Create. It is their Cards challenge for the month and the Theme is Blue and Yellow. Now I also saw a sketch challenge that really looked interesting over at Freshly Made Sketches so I decided I would combine the two and here is the result:
I absolutely LOVE this paper. It is from LifeStyle Crafts and the design is called Sweet and Spicy. It has the most beautiful pale yellow with a few shades of blue and the coral color that just pops next to those other two colors. The designs in the paper are just as nice ranging from flowers to circles and dots and even some Mosaic accents. Sometimes I get the biggest exhilaration from picking out new scrap papers and looking through them to pick what I will use on a project. Almost like buying new shoes or cosmetics…. Surely some other crafters out there know what I am talking about, right? Anyway, let me know what you think of the card.
Here are the supplies used:
- Ink: Stampin’ Up Calypso Coral
- Paper: Lifestyle Crafts Sweet and Spicy paper pack and Stampin’ Up Whisper
- Emblishments: Stampin’ Up Calypso Coral ribbon and Candy Dots
- Stamps: Stampin’ Up Starburst Sayings
- Tolls: Stampin’ Up Starburst Framelit Die and Spellbinders Nestabiliteis circle die. I used the Stampin’ up hexagon punch to make the banner edges 😉
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!