I was a busy bee over the weekend trying to come up with lots of fun Christmas card ideas. I decided to challenge myself to make 5 completely different cards using either star stamps or die cuts. I also made sure to incorporate at least one other stamp set to be sure there was plenty of variety. So come back every day this week for a fun new card and get those creative juices flowing!
Here is the first one!
This first card took some trial and error on my part. I really wanted to make a peek-a-boo style card with pretty Christmas paper showing. I chose to semi-randomly die cut out the larger stars with the Star Framelits and then I used my small star punch to add in three more peek-a-boo stars. I should mention that I chose to emboss the white paper prior to making the die cuts using the large Large Polka Dot embossing folder. The patterned paper peaking out is from the Trim The Tree DSP paper stack and there are lots of cute options that could be used if you preferred different paper. I layered this card with the Brushed Gold paper and used Cherry Cobbler as the base to the card. I then added the Gold trim and simple sentiment with a bow to bring it all together.
Hope you like the card and be sure to come back tomorrow to see the next installment of Crazy for Christmas Stars!
- Inks: Versamark and Gold embossing powder
- Stamp Sets: Bright and Beautiful and And Many More for the sentiment
- Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Gold, Whisper White and Trim The Tree DSP paper stack
- Tools: Star Framelits, Star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Large Polka Dot embossing folder, Modern Label Punch, Hole punch, Heat Gun, paper snips and paper trimmer
- Embellishments: 1/8 inch Gold Ribbon and Rhinestone Basic Jewels
I am back with another sneak pick from the Stampin’ Up! 2014 Holiday Catalog! Once again, you can purchase items from this catalog as of August 28th. I decided to make a little Christmas card with some of my new goodies and here is what I came up with:
I truly love so many of the new goodies in the catalog! For this card I used the new Tree Punch available in the Holiday Catalog. It has a matching stamp set but since I didn’t have that yet I decided to just punch some of the new DSP! The paper for the trees is this fantastic, thick kraft cardstock with beautiful designs in coordinating Red and Greens. The paper is called Under the Tree Specialty DSP. Be sure not to miss this paper and it is truly beautiful. The other item used on this card from the new Catalog is The Be Merry Stamp. It is from a new set called Holiday Invitation which would be a great one to choose if you are planning to have any holiday parties. This set includes invite wording for Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and one stamp that could be for any party occasion.
The remaining items on the card are all available now with the exception of the Chevron Paper. Unfortunately that one is last years holiday DSP and I just loved the way it looked so I used it.
I hope you like this card and if you need the new catalog coming out on August 28, just let me know!
I have also decided it would be fun to enter this card into a new challenge blog I found over at Christmas Card Challenge Blog. The current challenge #36 is to use an embellishment so my cute little button and linen thread should fit!
Happy Crafting everyone!
Supplies used ( All Stampin’ Up Products)
- Inks: Cherry Cobbler
- Paper: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Kraft, Under the Tree Specialty DSP (available August 28) and Season of Style DSP paper stack (no longer available)
- Stamps: Holiday Invitation (available August 28)
- Embellishments: Basic Metal Buttons and Linen Thread
- Tools: Tree Punch (available August 28)and my Paper trimmer