I always try to start out on the positive side on Mondays but sometimes it can be hard to do. Today was no exception as I have had numerous technical difficulties in getting this blog posted. Happily it finally came together and I can share my fun new Halloween card with you!
I made this card for my second card swap in the past week. The goal was to make something fall themed and I still have many more Halloween cards to make so my decision was made.
I really love the puny Sentiment from the Tee Hee Hee Stamp set. I also enjoyed getting to use my new Blendabilities Markers on the Witch from the Freaky Friends stamp set. I do hope that my fellow stampers like it, and I can’t wait to see what creations I receive from them.
I also decided to add a little something to the inside:
Every girl needs to have a pair of shoes, right? 🙂
I also want to enter this card in the challenge over at Left of Center Creative Challenges blog. The current challenge theme is stripes and I made a Halloween card so yee-haw!
Hope you have a great Monday with minimal “Technical Difficulties” 😉
- Inks: Black Stazon. Blendabilities used: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Smokey Slate
- Stamp Sets: Freaky Friends and Tee Hee Hee
- Paper: Motley Monster DSP, Whisper White and Basic Black
- Embellishments: Candy Dots in Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White
- Tools: Circle Framelits, Starburst Framelits and Paper Trimmer
Happy Labor Day!
I hope you are enjoying your long weekend if you get one! I am unfortunately working like crazy on a home that I rent out because it needed more than the average improvement to be ready for another renter. Sadly, this means I have had minimal time to create lately. I was able to fit in just a small bit of crafty time last night and decided I would make something other than a card. I ended up making an adorable Halloween treat bag I just had to share with you!
This bag was super easy and fast to make! I simply stamped right on the bag with my Work of Art stamp set dot stamp. I used Pumpkin Pie for the dots. Then I also used the Chevron stamp from that same set to stamp on the bottom. At the end of the Chevron I stamped a Jack-o-lantern from the Fall Fest Set. I tied it up with the White and Tangerine Tango cord and added an adorable tag from the Merry Everything set. Viola, I was finished! I don’t even think it took 5 minutes to make this bag. So if you want to give out some fun Halloween treats in an adorable bag, grab the supplies listed below and have fun!
I am off to do some painting….oh how I wish it was stamping instead! 🙂
- Inks: Pumpkin Pie. Basic Black and Black Staz on ink
- Stamp Sets: Merry Everything, Work Of Art and Fall Fest
- Paper: Whisper White
- Bag: Muslin Bags from Stampin’ UP! (you get a pack of 8)
- Tools: Note Tag Punch, hole punch and Scissors
- Embellishments: White and Tangerine Tango Two-Toned Trim
I am still playing with all my new goodies and trying to come up with fun ideas and ways to use the soon to be revealed Stampin’ Up Holiday Catalog goodies. As I mentioned before, I love me some Halloween! I usually send at least 15 Halloween cards out to family members and friends. I think it is possible that if all my nieces and nephews didn’t get one, they would think I am sick! So I am still trying to come up with different creations so each person can get their own unique card. Here is this weeks creation:
What a fun mix of colors and textures. There are many layers to this card but I believe they all pulled together well. This was made using the same set I used in my previous Halloween card – Fall Fest. I decided to draw in my own little face on the ghost because I wanted him to appear to be saying Booooo just the like the sentiment says! Overall this was a very easy card to make, just lots of layers and embellishments to add in.
Hope you are a having a fantastic week and find some time to create today!
- Inks: Stampin’ Up Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Garden Green
- Stamp sets: Fall Fest (available August 28) and Googly Ghouls for the sentiment
- Paper: Stampin’ Up Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Whisper White and Basic Black. Patterned paper is non-Stampin’ up and manufacture is unknown.
- Tools: Star Framelits, Fun Fall Framelits, Decorative Dots embossing folder, Chevron Embossing folder, paper trimmer and paper snips
- Embellishments: Stampin’ Up! Basic Metal Buttons, and Smokey Slate 3/4 inch chevron ribbon. Black and orange twine is not from Stampin’ Up!