Hey there crafters!
I took a week-long crafting hiatus to enjoy fun times with my family. As soon as I got back to my house I was itching to be at my craft desk. I decided to seek inspiration from the Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge posted on Sunday. I typically follow the sketch pretty spot on, but this time I decided to make it a little more unique. The basic idea is the same, but I tweaked the look a little.
Here is the sketch to have followed:
This card has lots of fun Stampin’ Up favorites of mine including the On Film Polariod Framelit die, The Stars from Pictogram Punches and Be the Star as well as the Big News Stamp set. As you can see I followed the sketch but tilted the Polaroid Die and set the three stars in the corner rather than along the side. I hope some awesome soldier out there will enjoy sending this card to someone he loves for their birthday!
Supplies Used (All Stampin’ Up!)
- Inks: Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey
- Stamp Sets: Be the Star, Pictogram Punches, and Big News
- Paper: Basic Gray, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Whisper White and Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack
- Embellishments: Hello Honey 3/8 Stiched Satin Ribbon
- Tools: Decorative Dots embossing folder, On Film Framelit Die, Paper Cutter and Paper snips to fussy cut the Woohoo’s.
I found some more time to craft today and I have to say I think my back is really getting better! I am so happy about this! Maybe I can start doing all my normal activities again, YAY! Anyway, on to the crafty stuff…
Operation Write Home has a nice Sunday Sketch today involving circles. Well I am forever a rebel so I wanted to see if I could follow the sketch with a slightly different theme, therefore I used Hexagons! Check it out!
Here is the sketch:
I was so happy to make this card because I finally got to use my BRAND NEW Stampin’ Up colors! I only just received the items I ordered from the new catalog and I still have lots of fun stuff to play with! The new In colors this year are very rich and luxurious. If you haven’t seen them yet, you need to check them out. In fact, here is one of Stampin’ Up’s new embellishment options showing off the newest In Colors for 2014-2015:
Don’t these colors have fun names? Actually I think all the Stampin’ Up colors have fun names. I can’t wait to try more projects with all the new colors.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday and that the coming week is not too hectic!
Supplies Used (all Stampin’ Up Products):
- Stamps: Six Sided Sampler set
- Ink: Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey
- Embellishments: Hello Honey 3/8 inch Stitched Satin Ribbon
- Paper: Lost Lagoon, Whisper White and Moonlight DS paper stack
- Tools: Hexagon Punch, Paper Cutter and Scissors
I was too busy to post yesterday, but I did get in some crafting with two fun challenges. I started back to work today on a part time basis. With my recent back injury I had not been working for about 5 weeks. I wanted to get in some crafting one more time as I may not have the ability to do it so much with being back at work. I have a herniated disk and sitting is the absolute worst position for that. Of course, I sit for many hours in my job so this may prove to be a challenge. I will work part time for a few weeks and if I can’t even handle that, then surgery is like going to happen. Fingers crossed that won’t be needed!
Okay on to the crafting! Here is the card:
Such a fun layout for the sketch challenge this week at OWH! Here is the actual sketch I used:
I kept my card pretty close to the sketch, just added more layers. I tend to really like my layers!
Over at Just Us Girls, the color challenge was to use Kraft, Orchid, and White. Pretty colors! I originally wanted to make this a love card because that is something OWH often needs, but I could not find a stamp that fit properly in the square layers. So even though there is a heart theme, it is still a birthday card. I believe it still works, what do you think? I love the little wood veneer hearts. I really hope it will be okay for OWH because thickness can be a concern. I did try to spread them out on the card so that the thickness is equal because this is the suggestion when using raised layers or embellishments for OWH cards.
Hope you have a wonderful Monday and find some time to create this week!
- Paper: Stampin’ Up colors: Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake and Whisper White. Patterned paper is Cut and Paste Amy Tangerine line by American Crafts
- Ink: Stampin’ Up Wisteria Wonder
- Tools: Stampin’ Up Artisan Label Punch, Starburst framelit dies and circle dies. I also used some smaller circle punches in 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch sizes. Stampin’ Up Corner rounder punch
- Embellishments: We R Memory keepers Sew easy purple floss, Stampin’ Up essentials wooden elements and Elle’s Studio wood veneers
Over at OWH the midweek throwdown is to make a card with flowers. I had some ideas brewing in my head about what to make, but just got to make it tonight. This challenge actually made me realize that I have very few stamp sets with flowers in them! Well, I took care of that right quick and put in an order through my Stampin’ Up demonstrator for the Petite Petals Bundle. 🙂 But until that arrives, I will just have to use what is in my stash. I do have the Mixed Bunch set from Stampin’ Up so I pulled that out and got to work:
For the most part this was a pretty simple card. A little fussy with the cutting of the strips, but overall easily done. I tend to like to make things look a bit more contemporary which I believe is why I lean more toward non-flower stamp sets. This is not to say flowers can’t look totally current and now, but I just have more trouble creating them in that way. The block design and tiered stripes I used on this card was my attempt to make a contemporary look. So did I pull it off?
Supplies used (All Stampin’ Up Products):
- Inks: Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Sahara Sand
- Stamps: Mixed Bunch and Just Sayin’
- Tools: Word Bubbles die
- Emblishments: Candy Dots in the same colors as the inks used
- Paper: Caylpso Coral and Pool Party with a white card base
Hope everyone is getting their weekend off to a great start!
Happy Hump day!
Well I am finding some creative ways to get creative. Having this back injury requires a fair amount of laying down. I am getting kind of tired of laying down so much, but when I try to sit for too long I look like someone who has a nervous leg ;-). Not to mention, it hurts! So I figured out a way to make a card by changing positions… many times. Never underestimate the power of a determined crafter! First I looked at the Catherine & Cathy Create blog for ideas. The fun tags challenge for this month is Furry Friends. Perfect! I just got the Life in the Forest set from Stampin’ Up which has the cutest critters! Since I had my theme I laid down on the bed with papers and emblishments to look over for ideas of how I wanted it to come together. It worked and I was able to pull together a cute card with a tag on it. It is a very fall looking card, but I had recently purchased my first ever Copic markers so I really wanted to use the colors I had which were to color in the fox. It just seemed to make sense to make it a brown/orange theme. I still have lots to learn about using Copic’s, but it is a start. So here is what I came up with:
That fox is cute, right? I love this Stampin’ Up set! Anyhoo, when I saw the OWH midweek throwdown is a Brown Color Challenge I was like hey two for one!! It works out so well because I was planning to send this card off to OWH anyway.
Here are the supplies used:
- Inks: Stampin’ Up Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip, Tim Holtz Pumice Stone distress ink for the fox outline.
- Copics: Sketch markersYR20,YR23, and YR27
- Stamps: Stampin’ Up Life in the Forest and Just Sayin’
- Tools: Stampin’ Up Woodgrain embossing folder, Stampin’ Up Window Frame Die and Chalk Talk Die. Corner Rounder punch.
- Paper: Stampin’ Up Whisper white, DCWV Green Stack paper pack and scrap light blue I had (might be Stampin’ Up Soft Sky)
- Emblishments: Stampin’ Up Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon and Linen thread
Have a happy Wednesday. I am off to lay down for a bit!