I don’t have quite as much time to create here lately. I had been out of work for some time due to a back injury and while I was recovering from surgery I could craft when I felt up to it and rest when I needed to do so. Now I am back at work and have much less time to sit at my craft desk. 🙁 I will still try to share creations, promotions and anything cool that I find out about in the paper crafting community as often as I can!
I was able to re-make one of my previous Christmas cards and I actually like this version much better:
When I made the previous card it just felt to busy to me. I like this one much better. Your eyes know right where to look and there is balance. While I was in the Christmas card making spirit I decided to use the same paper and make a totally different one:
The funny thing about this one is now I think it might be a little too busy! We are never satisfied with our own creations, right? I may try to work on a variation of it again in the future. Both of these cards were quite easy to make so give something similar a try!
Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned, I sure hope I find some time to create!
- Paper: Under the Tree Speciality DSP, Kraft Cardstock, Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler
- Inks: Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler. Versamark and Gold embossing powder.
- Stamp set: Festival of Trees
- Tools: Tree punch, Starburst Framelits (for second card), Banner punch to trim the edges of the sentiments, Heat gun, paper trimmer and paper snips
- Embellishments: Gold Basic Metal Buttons, Gold 1/8 inch ribbon, Linen Thread (for second card)