I was a busy bee over the weekend trying to come up with lots of fun Christmas card ideas. I decided to challenge myself to make 5 completely different cards using either star stamps or die cuts. I also made sure to incorporate at least one other stamp set to be sure there was plenty of variety. So come back every day this week for a fun new card and get those creative juices flowing!
Here is the first one!
This first card took some trial and error on my part. I really wanted to make a peek-a-boo style card with pretty Christmas paper showing. I chose to semi-randomly die cut out the larger stars with the Star Framelits and then I used my small star punch to add in three more peek-a-boo stars. I should mention that I chose to emboss the white paper prior to making the die cuts using the large Large Polka Dot embossing folder. The patterned paper peaking out is from the Trim The Tree DSP paper stack and there are lots of cute options that could be used if you preferred different paper. I layered this card with the Brushed Gold paper and used Cherry Cobbler as the base to the card. I then added the Gold trim and simple sentiment with a bow to bring it all together.
Hope you like the card and be sure to come back tomorrow to see the next installment of Crazy for Christmas Stars!
- Inks: Versamark and Gold embossing powder
- Stamp Sets: Bright and Beautiful and And Many More for the sentiment
- Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Gold, Whisper White and Trim The Tree DSP paper stack
- Tools: Star Framelits, Star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Large Polka Dot embossing folder, Modern Label Punch, Hole punch, Heat Gun, paper snips and paper trimmer
- Embellishments: 1/8 inch Gold Ribbon and Rhinestone Basic Jewels